Thursday, May 21, 2009


Our PSA for the day, ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET WHEN RIDING YOUR BIKE. This stink pot has 2 helmets!!!! Was he wearing one when he kissed the concrete? No. Seriously, I don't know whether to smack him or hug him. OK, of course I hugged him.
The really scary thing is, he can't tell us what happened. We are pretty sure that he has a concussion. Our neighbor works with the life flight team at St. Lukes. Lucky for us, we were able to get some free medical advice him. He told me what to look for in case we needed to take him to urgent care. At first I was freaking out because he kept asking me what day it was and if I knew what happened. Over the last few hours he has snapped out of it. I just need to wake him up every few hours to make sure he is OK.
Don't worry, I WILL be posting pics as things start to turn different colors. What kind of a mother would I be if I let this injury go undocumented? Then it would be like it never happened and that would be sad.

8 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

I hurt just looking at him. I never make Max wear a helmet, but I may have to rethink that part of my parenting...or lack thereof.

Jami said...

my stomach just turned a little. Poor guy.

Lorie said...

Ouch! Drew just saw that and I don't think he will be riding a bike without a helmet any time soon!

You should have heard him say "What happened to Carson?"

I should have told him his mom hit him because he was talking back! ;D

Michelle said...

Nice Lorie. We make sure those wounds can be hidden, duh.

Fonzareli said...

YIKES!! Poor Carson! I'll be sure to show Dixon. I'll put the fear of death in the kid and he'll want to be a hermit all summer vacation, staying in the house and errrr driving me crazy. Wait!!...I take it back. I WON'T show him. GET BETTER QUICK CARSON!!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

OH MICHELLE! :( Looks so sore and ouchy! :( I have committed to dorky helmet wearing...more so for the cars that speed down the street rather than themselves crashing on the street! Poor guy that is sad!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness I am so sad!!! I hope it heals soon!

Ginger said...

When we were in Oregon, Jessica got pulled over by a cop and given a ticket--for WEARING her helmet. She was given an ice cream ticket to the local DQ. Ever since then, wearing a helmet hasn't been an issue with our kiddos. I guess a little positive reinforcement can go a long way!