Wednesday, May 27, 2009




How do you like my new ride? Since I like to tell stories, this is how all of my dreams came true.

A few months ago my beautiful friend, we will call her “Summer”, told me about a truck that she thought would be cool for a family picture. I thought, yep, sounds cool, wish I had one. Fast forward many months of wishing on shooting stars for the most perfect photo prop ever. I dropped my Mady off at “Summer’s” house for co-op. As I leave the neighborhood, I see the truck! I thought that IS an awesome truck. I slow down to admire and wish just once more and guess what! It had a sign in the window $500 obo. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? So, I nearly wet my pants. After a few hours of batting my eyes at Spencer and a phone call to most of my family, (that is just how it works) we were able to make a WONDERFUL deal with the family who owned it and now it is mine. ALL MINE! Until Spencer gets his hands on it and restores it. Right now the poor thing is transgendered, I know, so inappropriate! I think it is a girl and Spencer says it is a boy. Whatever. I think until we figure it out, we will name him/her Trixie the Trannie.

5 comments:

Lorie said...

Trixie! Nice! I hope when Spencer restores it he keeps her turquoise because that is such a good color on her!

Ashley said...

I have been eyeing old trucks like this for a while now. They really are a great prop for photos. Lucky girl! I love the color too. Have fun with it!

Brittany said...

I love the color of it! That is so awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck keeping Spencer off of that one! Cool Truck!

Nead Family said...

you are such a sweetie, michelle. next week we need to do some pics in that thing! befor things get way crazy for you moving and everything....i'm so happy you have that truck...it is awesome!