Monday, January 28, 2008



You would think that getting less sleep, I would use every extra second of the day to rest. Well, since Carson is home sick, taking a nap SO isn't going to happen. I decided to use my time to make some new backdrops for pictures. I have a session on Wednesday that I can't wait to use this for.

I used a piece of bead board that was left over from the wall in the kitchen. I painted one red and another one brown. I was able to prop it on top of my cedar chest and put the mirror on top of the chest. Not too shabby right? This project cost me $0. I LOVE using the stuff that I have around the house for projects. My husband should be so proud.

7 comments:

D and C said...

YES HE SHOULD!!! You are freaking AMAZING!!! You really do inspire me. I am trying so hard to get started on the photography thing, but I am so intimidated!! Its scary!! YOU ARE AWESOME THOUGH!!! I wish you lived here so you could help me!! Or just make me look REALLY hot in a picture!! LOL!!
LOVE YOU!

Ashlie said...

OH....how sweet is that??!! I love it! I agree you are freaking amazing, and I wish you lived by be too--I have a pentax K10D jsut sittin in a camera bag because I don't know how to freaking use it or what in the world I am doing!

Kim said...

Oh my gosh, you're amazing!!! And I LOVE the pic of him smiling!!!!!!! I've always been amazed at your ability to make something FABULOUS (Michelle word) out of stuff lying around!

Nead Family said...

too cute for words...LOVE the beadboard as a backdrop...this kid will win for the most pics taken in his first month of life!!! You go girl! Yes, I just said that....

Lorie said...

You always were crafty! And he is adorable!

Amy said...

Okay, you're just way to crafty!! That is such a cool idea and the pictures are adorable. I need to meet this little guy. Speaking of, I have a gift for you/him I need to bring by sometime since I wasn't in town for your shower!

Rachel said...

Love the bead board!