Wednesday, January 30, 2008


If I could decribe my feelings today, this picture would be it! Today was a snow day for school and I just about cried when I heard the news. Carson has been sick since Sunday which means, I have been home being his slave. I am going crazy! Seriously, I have anxiety that is going to make me flip my lid if I don't have some time to myself. For the last 4 days, Carson has assumed that I don't know how to me a mom to Ethan. I am constantly hearing, "Mom, Ethan is crying," "Mom, you need to change Ethans diaper." "Mom, you need to feed Ethan." "Mom. when is Ethan going to take a nap, I think he is tired." HOLY CRAP child I am going to tape your mouth shut. If he wasn't bossing me around about the baby, he was asking me to do the stupidest stuff for him. "Mom. will you get me a drink of water?" "Mom, will you put my water on the table?" "Mom, my neck is tired." "Mom, the couch is lumpy and I can't get comfortable." Can I say it again? Holy crap I am going to lose it. Mady has been pretty special herself. She tells me she is hungry 20 times a day. She can still have chicken nuggets on her breath and she will ask me when dinner is and if she can have some now. If she doesn't get what she wants, she will hang on to my shirt as I try to run away from her. You would think I would have the strength to get the child off my back but she always does it while I am holding something and I can't use both of my hands.
So, I am really really praying that they don't close school tomorrow too. If they do, I may just start repeating "Dear Lord, make me a bird, so I can fly far far away."

5 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Michelle...this too shall pass...just keep thinking about how much crap THEIR kids are going to give THEM!!!

Lyric Payne said...

On a brighter note, maybe Carson will be a fit babysitter in four years...or less with his current disposition.

Ashlie said...

I hear ya!! Ashton thinks he knows everything also. He is going through a phase right now that he can't do anything right!! Everything that goes wrong he throws a huge fit--sometimes I would love to be a bird and fly far far away, Michelle maybe next winter we should fly south and let the guys deal with the kids!!

Lorie said...

I wish I could have helped...but if we still lived close to eachother there wouldn't be snow days! ;D

Anonymous said...

Number three is hard because all of your kids are so young and want that extra TLC. You're doing a great job, send Carson and Maddi over here ANYTIME!!!! They can keep my kids busy! (he-he-he....)