Tuesday, January 15, 2008




Hello my friends! I have to say that I am a little shaken up. I have had my first near barf experience with Ethan. We had a moment together that left me in shock and motionless with the words going through my mind, "Did that just really happen?"

Last night, I was being a good little mommy getting my brand new baby ready for his bath. I was taking off his diaper and checking his new belly button and a little puff of air came out of my lovely babies butt! Holy crap, I was about to grab the new diaper so that I could puke in it. I just sat there totally grossed out! Lesson #1, when a puff of air comes out of a newborns butt, cover it up RIGHT away. That boy shot out his little mustard yellow poop like a missal at me! It was all over the front of my shirt, my pants and all over my arms. My reflexes did nothing for me. I couldn't think fast enough. All my brain could think about was how it looked to have yellow poop shooting out at me. If I close me eyes, that is all I can see, a stream of poop! Spencer had been outside getting the hot tub ready for himself and when he came back in, I was slowly wiping my arms trying not to throw up! He looked at me and said, "What's wrong?" Are you kidding me? Whoever said men are blind was talking about my husband. When I finally TOLD him that Ethan pooped on me he said "We have got to get a picture." OK so the first pic that I take with my son is going to have his poop all over me? No thanks. Yep that is the only time he has even had the idea to take a pic of me. I told him, No that is was gross and it wasn't even worth posting on my blog. Then he said "I gotta get out of here, that is going to make me throw up." By all means, leave, cause I like being stranded with a baby and poop all over me. As he is leaving he says, "You might want to take your shirt off." That is all I needed to know that Spencer is full of amazing advice. All he could think of was seeing me without me shirt on, pervert. So, I got cleaned up without loosing my dinner, but it was close.

So my PSA for the day is, if you hear a puff, cover it up!

I thought since I had such a long annoying post that it HAD to have some pics on it to lure you in! I have more that need to be edited that I can't wait to share.

8 comments:

Nead Family said...

I was reading this post with all 3 of my chidren on my lap and I was laughing sooooo hard they all just kept saying, "what, mom? what's so funny?" This may sound sick, but I really wish Spencer had taken a picture!! I had a similar thing happen when I had to give Max an enema when he was 4...I know TMI...I hope you aren't throwing up.

pillingfamily said...

fuuuuuuunny!! i don't think that little guy could get any cuter.

Lyric Payne said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind for future reference. We have had the pee incident, but never #2. What a beautiful baby he is.

Kim said...

Yikes...wow...so funny!!! I too would have loved to see a picture!!! I am dying over the pictures of him...I love your ideas! So cute! I will say it again...I want him...sleep with one eye open!

Anonymous said...

Thank You for sharing that story! Halrious! Did I spell that right? Anyway, I love the pictures! You're going to have to teach me some of your great blog tips!!! I can't belive how much alike your boys look as infants. WOW!

Kim said...

That's hysterical...and I love his picture with the name ~ what a cute little smile!!!
Cole got one like 5 feet across the room once...and he also got my sister. She still says I trained him...but your proof, they just come that way! Too Funny!!!

Lorie said...

HE IS SO CUTE! And so tiny!! And that picture of him and Maddy is too cute for words!!!

kellbell said...

hahahahah! I agree a picture would have been hilarious....baby poop doesnt bother me anymore, it is just part of the job! :)

Kid poop....definatly not a fan!