Thursday, January 29, 2009

The morning after Christmas (yep, I have been meaning to post this story since then) Carson came to me to show me his Rubix cube that he got at the family gift exchange. To my surprise, he had put it back together. I was in shock. I thought that things were going to be OK as far as his intelligence goes. He is doing well in school but would do so much better if he would focus. After solving the cube, I thought about him getting into any college that he wants because he is a genious! All morning long, I told anyone and everyone about my boy genious. I bragged about him as much as I could.
Later that night we were sitting down as a family and I saw the cube that had been messed up again. I asked Spencer if he saw that Carson solved it. He said he did. He asked me if I looked at it and I said I had. He said, "look closer." Ah CRAP! My smarty pants took the stickers off to solve it. At this moment I learned that he will take after me. If I don't know how to do something, I will figure out a way, even if it isn't the "right" way. And most of the time, it is easier and cheaper! Good luck with that Carson!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Seriously...it takes creativity and thinking outside the box to come up with that!!! Good work!

Amy said...

Hey, he thinks outside the box... that's a great skill! Too funny!

Lorie said...

I love it! And I love the picture of the cube!

Brittany said...

Hahahaha....the funny part is that you'd been telling everyone about it. I love it!!

Kellie Larsen said...

that is hillarious!!

Janalee said...

That's the greatest thing EVER!! I still think it's pure genius... I never would've thought of that!

Chloe and Tyler said...

I would have never thought of that, good job Carson.hehe Love the adorable blog, I'm excited to add you to ours...don't worry I've kissed Kellen lots for you:D Make sure you do the same with yours, we miss them like crazy.

Nead Family said...

that is hillarious, Michelle! Max got a rubix cube, too. His older cousin showed him how to take it apart and put it back together with all the sides solved...what's the point of a rubix cube? cute story!

Anonymous said...

That is a funny story! Hey, I have a great idea for you! Let your friends post links with pictures of the things you're making on our blogs. A lot more traffic will see!
Love ya~
Bonnie