Tuesday, January 06, 2009









Ethan boy turned 1! We spent the day sledding, he was stuck in a stroller but the big kids had a blast. Since this was just his first birthday he got a cupcake. I am a firm believer that he won't remember this day and so the bliss he got to experience was just that, pure bliss! This little cup cake was finished in about 3 minutes.
Ethan is walking now. He has been for a few weeks, even though we constantly tried to trip him while he was learning. He has 4 teeth, three on the bottom and one on top. He LOVES to play peek-a-boo. He will play anywhere, anytime. He loves to pound on things like he is playing drums. He loves his blankies and only sucks his first two fingers when he has one. He is easily entertained and giggles when you try to scare him. He is doing really well at using his sippy cups. The last time he had a bottle was in the middle of the night before his birthday. I knew it was going to be his last so I held him like a little baby. It was a magical moment for me.
This little boy is spoiled with love. I am so very thankful that he is mine.



6 comments:

KaraLyn said...

I can't believe he is already a year old! Happy b-day to your baby!!!

Lyric Payne said...

You are seriously the nicest mom I know. When my kids turn one they are strapped in a high chair, bib around their neck, and are carefully spoon-fed a few bites of frostingless cake. I'm SLIGHTLY exaggerating!

Ashlie said...

WOW!! He has grown up so fast!! I can hardly believe that Ethan is already 1 year old!! CRAZY!! Love the idea of just doing a cupcake and turning him lose!!

Edythe and Jason said...

It only goes to show that every mother knows her child...
you knew that in order to feed him a cupcake, he needed no clothing.

-Jason

Stefanek Fam Damily said...

what else are little boys here for than to make giant messes? good that you were able to turn it into a positive.
you could do a triathlon, cause i never ever imagined it would run races, let alone do a triathlon. anything is possible! that is your new challenge!

Michelle said...

Kretha, my FIRST goal is running without peeing my pants. I have to start with that one first.