Monday, July 14, 2008


Poor Sadie didn't want to go outside! This is the last picture that I took of her hiding under my bed. Yep, that means she is gone. I turned into a softy and let her hang out with us Saturday night. That led to letting her sleep in our bed. Normally, I would have told Spencer to forget it, but I was the one who made her follow me to bed. Truth be told, I will miss her. I won't miss her poop, her hair or the fact that she has eaten every one of the ripe tomato's out of the garden.


We donated her to the Meridian Police Department. We had a Sheriff come out and test her and he said she would be ideal to train to be a drug dog. How exciting is that? I was bummed because the Sheriff showed up while we were at church. Luckily, Nicole and Rustin were home (seriously, I am so LUCKY they were home) they talked to him and he wasn't going to wait until church got out. They weren't playing hookie, they attended Kimberlee's homecoming. Anyway, Nicole DROVE over to church and found me to come home. I found Spencer and he went home to give Sadie away. I wanted to get pics of her leaving with him, but I had to stay at church. So, this is the picture I ended up with! I want to give a HUGE thank you to my dear friend Cheryl who helped me find a place for Sadie poo poo pants to be, and to Nicole for knowing how important it was for us to give her away. Seriously, I would have flipped my lid if we would have missed the Sheriff!


After we got home, we were telling the kids that Sadie is gone. Carson didn't care, he said "oh." Mady said, "It took FOREVER for us to get rid of her." I guess that means is wasn't a bad decision. Poor Spencer, I hope that he will forgive me some day soon!

9 comments:

Lorie said...

I feel like life has come full circle. I came to Idaho to visit you right after you got Sadie and now you are coming to Arizona to visit me (you know, not because of the reunion, just ME!) right after giving her away!

Logan and Tanya said...

So, I don't have nearly enough time to blog these days, but your chocolate bouquet looks awesome! Way to go, sis! And I had to make sure to tell you...YOUR HAIR IS ADORABLE! And of course...Spencer would want to make out with you now! :) Have fun in Pine...if you're going!

Kim said...

Oh...so sweet! And very cool that you found such an awesome spot for her!

Allison said...

I'm glad things worked out for Sadie. The police department will take great care of her so that's good. I love the rest of your posts. I'm gonna miss you when you're gone!

Ashlie said...

Glad the kids are not upset with the decision. I still need to get rid of mine!

Nicole said...

Wow, that is a good way to get rid of a dog....the sheriff! He will be in a good home! We are trying to decide whether to get a dog right now too!

Stefanek Fam Damily said...

Happy birthday! welcome to the club! your hair is adorable by the way. i love that style. hope you are great! talk to me sometime, will ya?

Brian Millsaps said...

Hi Michelle, this is Brian Millsaps, Spencer's friend from WAY back. We saw some friends from high school a couple weeks ago, and someone said "what happened to the Ray's?"... and I said "huh... I really should know the answer to that." Through the amazing power of the internet, I found you guys. Please have Spencer call or email me when he gets some time! 480-626-1616 or millsaps@cox.net. TAKE CARE!

Kellie Larsen said...

omg how did i miss that pic of mady in the curlers! A-DOR-Able!!!