Wednesday, May 21, 2008


I have a baby Ethan update. Last week I took him in for his 4 mo. appointment and to get his shots. The doctor wouldn't give him his shots because the poor little boy only weighed 9 lbs. 8 oz. That was 5 oz. less than his 2 month appointment. He weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. when he was born so the doc was very concerned. He told me that I needed to have Ethan eating formula exclusively. I tried my very best not to break out into tears. Of course I want what is the best for my baby, but I am a very lazy mom. I don't like to clean bottles or mix formula, yeah, I am THAT lazy. I have always loved nursing and would do it no matter how much pain I was in.


The doctor told me to bring him in for another weigh-in in a week and that was today. He weighed in at 10 lbs. 10 oz. I can't tell you how good that made me feel. It totally stinks that my boobs are broken but maybe I will finally get a big fat baby! I just feel bad that my poor baby has been starving for the first 4 months of his life.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Geez...what a little squirt!!! I am glad he is doing good! I also starved my Elsie for the first 3 onths and I have to tell you, I got addicted to formula...you might just end up loving it!!!

Chelsie Brown said...

My boobs were broken with Payton too. He cried for 6 months until I figured out he eats like his dad and I wasn't enough for him.

Lorie said...

HE is too cute!! I am sorry that you have to do formula, but at least he will take a bottle! Now you can run away and live with me!

Ginger said...

Imagine my surprise when my boobs were broken with Jessica, AND she didn't want to take a bottle either. That was the longest 8 months of our lives! I promise that bottle feeding is not evil--I quite liked the fact that Earl could get up with the kids in the middle of the night and feed the kids just as easily as I could. PS--You've been tagged. See my blog for questions.

Melissa Snyder said...

I can't believe he only weighs that much. He is a little paperweight. That is hard to know that your baby was probably starving. Keaton was that same way but the doctor caught on when he was only 6 weeks old. I sure hope that little one fatens up soon! He sure is a cutie!!!!

Tom and Audrie said...

Is he a happier baby now? Or was he always happy? I hope you can figure out a way to make him and you happy with the feeding issues.

The Anderson Clan said...

Milk Dud!

kellbell said...

just chuck the bottles after he is done, then you dont have to clean them! Sorry your boobies are broke, you just have to go get them "fix"